Enhancing Bench Strength through Leadership, Executive Skills & Organizational Change
The intent of Bench Strength coaching is to construct a focused and supportive environment for transitioning executives, high-potential individuals and teams to develop their Leadership, ExecutiveSkills and Organizational Change capabilities.
As emerging executives and managers progress toward expanded leadership and executive responsibilities, the Bench Strength coaching program facilitates positive and expansive individual and team development.
The Bench Strength coach, by partnering with emerging executives and managers, offers a series of confidential one-on-one individual or team sessions which encompass coachee -directed performance enhancing strategies in order to maximize individual and team potential.
The focus of Bench Strength coaching is to assist emerging executives and managers:
1. Accelerate their leadership and executive capabilities and effectiveness, 2. Impact business results sooner, 3. Integrate smoothly into the organizational dynamics, 4. Create effective lines of communication and relationships throughout the business, 5. Reinforce business strategy, values and culture, and 6. Embrace, and facilitate and organizational change.
The Bench Strength coach assists emerging executives and managers develop a more complete level of self-awareness through the identification of their Unique Potential which then is reinforced with the Leadership, Executive Skills and Organizational Change needed to better attain self identified SMART development goals.
To advance ones Unique Potential, first think about where you are now and where you want to be in terms of your personal and business life. What capacity and capabilities do you have now? What aspects of yourself do you need to develop?
At this point emerging executives and managers can then work out their personal Bench Strength coaching program to develop and enhance Leadership and Executive capabilities via a personalized Powerhouse Action Development Plan.
The Powerhouse Action Development Plan addresses development in the following emerging executive and management skills:
The coaching of emerging leaders and managers is designed to dispel the myth that "Leaders are born," or the "Leadership is only learned from the school of hard knocks." In fact, leadership coaching for emerging leaders promotes long term business viability through expanded "Bench Strength."
Executives, especially leaders transitioning to new positions of responsibility, are expected to produce results; thus, a need for leadership skills:
• Strategic Thinking and Planning • Values, Mission, Goals • Changing and Developing Organizational Culture • Design and Develop Successful Business Models • Direction Setting • Decision Making • Problem Solving • Empowering and Delegating • Designing and Developing Teams • Leading Organizational Change Business Acumen...
In today's economic marketplace where every executive and manager is being held accountable for the bottom line, it is imperative to be "financially-savvy."
• Understanding Financial Statements • Evaluating Financial Performance • Sales/Revenue Forecasting • Cash Management • Tax Management • Operational and Capital Budgeting • Developing Profitability Strategies • Knowing the Components and Strategies for Increasing Business Market Value • Understanding and Preparing Business Plans
Effective interpersonal skills are key components when influencing others to achieve successful results in an environment of change.
• Understanding the wise use of Power and Influence • Motivating Others • Managing Conflict • Overcoming Resistance
Executives must develop and hone their Leadership voices in order to achieve successful results. Clear communications is an integral component of taking the lead and dealing with organizational situations especially when interacting with the public, direct reports, colleagues, board members, advisers, technical specialist,and senior executives.
• Active Listening • Asking Questions • Making Presentations • Conducting Interviews • Conducting Meetings • Difficult Conversations
As a result of Bench Strengthcoachingemerging and transitioning executives and managers increase their velocity toward attaining success in life and business.
Of course, the key to reaching new levels of success with the Bench Strength coaching program is linked to the commitment participants make between coaching sessions to the agreed upon activities that are desirable for accomplishing progress.